This event has been rescheduled. New date will be posted soon
We invite you to our next Intro to Machine Learning!
What? An in-person, hands-on, free workshop introducing machine learning
For whom? PhD students, postdocs, and PIs affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Tübingen
When? May 25th, 2023, from 9:00 to 17:00 (with pauses)
Where? Crona Kliniken - Universitätsklinikum Tübingen, Hoppe-Seyler-Straße 3, 72076 Tübingen, Seminar Room 220
▶️ Then check the presentation of our previous Intro to ML.
Table of contents
In the tutorial part, we will discuss with the aid of interactive demonstrations topics such as
- Foundational ML notions: features, training, evaluation, generalization, …
- ML paradigms: supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, regression, …
- Neural networks: gradient-based training, feature extraction, architectures, transfer learning, …
- Data types: text, time series, relational data, images, ...
- The ML workflow in practice, from data collection to performance evaluation,
- Limitations of ML for science.
There will be also a workshop part, where we will have time to jointly look at specific use-cases brought by you and discuss how to design ML projects to address them.
- All scholars from the Faculty of Medicine are warmly invited to join; no math or programming skills will be assumed.
- Enroll in the event
- Bring your own laptop, and please check your eduroam config before coming!
- Optional: In connection to one of your research problems, think about the characteristics of relevant datasets that you have access to (how many records, what fields? ...) and what you’d like ML to help with. Be ready to discuss your use-case with the group in two slides (one can describe your problem, and another one your data); we will provide suggestions to help you make a practical machine learning project out of it.
Apply by filling the form. You will hear from us approximately one week before the event.
How to get to CRONA-Kliniken
Directly opposite Tübingen's main train station is the bus station. From there, you can reach the Crona-Kiniken by various bus lines. The bus lines in the direction of the clinic usually leave every 10 minutes from bus platform F:
Bus Lines: 5, 13, 17, 18, 19 X15 (Clinic express) 14 (from Westbahnhof)
Bus Stop: Uni-Kliniken Berg
From the bus-stop, walk up the Hoppe-Seyler-Straße and continue straight until you find the building on your right. You can visually use the blue path as a guide:
Where to eat nearby?
We’ll have a 1h lunch pause around noon. There are a couple of places with vegetarian options:
- Kasino: Food court. You can check their menu in advance!
- Cafe in the Crona Clinic: with a terrase and nice sitting options.
Write to us at email@example.com.